We have simple and easy step by step tutorial for all the African American women to create innovative nail art designs according to your traditional inspiration of your own country Africa.
- Black color nail polish.
- Thin nail polish brush
- Cotton swap
- Top coat nail polish
- Base coat nail polish
To create African inspired nail art designs. Follow these steps:
- Make sure that your nails are clean and dry. If there is any old nail polish, remove it with nail remover and dry your nails.
- Apply transparent base coat and let it dry.
- Now apply a thick coat of black nail polish and give it a whole 5 minutes to dry. After the first coat of black nail polish is dried, see if its second coat is needed or not. Let the second coat dried thoroughly, if applied.
- Now you have to apply French tip”1/4” at the top of the finger nail, the French tip is a line that is applied at the tip of your nail which is usually referred as French manicure. You can apply French tip of different colors on each finger. Let it dry completely.
- Now be careful and concentrate because you are going to apply the design. Choose the design of your choice. Here are some easily designs that you can try.
From the bottom of your nail, draw straight lines vertically with your nail art brush. Than draw three horizontal lines. Make sure that all lines are of same length.
You can also draw a zig zag design with the help of nail art brush. Begin from the bottom of the nail and make zig zag horizontally on your nail bed until you reach the French tip.
Use your nail art brush and create leopard designs with brown or golden nail color on all your nails.
- Once you are done with the patterns mentioned above or any other of your choice that may be inspired by the African animal nail art designs. Leave it for at least 10 minutes to dry completely.
- To secure your own created African American nail art design, apply a top coat nail polish which will protect your nail art designs for long period of time.
- Remove any excessive nail color with the help of nail remover.