The African brides to be or those who are planning personalized wedding must read the article to have the list of latest designs for bridal gowns tat flatter your body shape and enhance your look so that you will have the best overall bridal look. You should choose the dresses intelligently according to your desired look that you have dreamt for your wedding. Let’s go through the designs and styles that are in fashion these days.
African Brides Wedding Dresses Designs 2014
- The color of the African bridal dress was white for a long time but now days the designers are introducing the cool and light colors in wedding gowns for the sake of innovation. It is being adopted by various African brides. The colors like sky blue, baby pink, peach and beige are now in fashion for African brides. So, you can look different with these light colors on your wedding day. Claire La Faye has designed a stunning powder blue gown for African brides.
- There is a variety of styles to choose from for your weeding dress. The empire weeding gowns, the column wedding gowns, the sheath wedding gowns are common styles. There are lot more styles that you can look up to for your wedding dresses. You just have to consider your body shape and type and select dress accordingly.
- The designs of African bridal dresses range from sleeveless to ¾ sleeves, strapless to deep v necklines. You can choose v neck line with heavy busts. Remember not to choose criss cross or small boat neckline that will make you look more fat in upper torso. If you have curvy figure with long height, you should go for mermaid style wedding gown that will enhance your figure. For long height wear sleeveless or strapless gowns. Do not ear ¾ sleeves because they add extra inches to your height but if you are small you should wear drop sleeves or ¾ sleeves to add length to your figure. If you are skinny or extra slim, do not wear tight fitted dresses like mermaid because they will just give a flat look to your body. You should choose dresses for your slim body type that are flary like empire wedding gown. If you have big thighs and hips. You should also go for long flared dresses like empire.
- The fabrics of African wedding gowns are mostly fancy and fine like silk, satin and net. These delicate fabrics are embellished with traditional African dress patterns, intricate designs that are made with chains, beads, sequins and shiny threads.
- African brides also have to wear a traditional head dress called as “Gele” on their wedding which should be contrasting to your dress color. If you are wearing traditional white than you can wear any bright color cloth for “Gele”.