Christmas is celebrated on 25th of December in New Zealand; this is the time for beginning of summer holidays in school. Unlike UK and USA, there is the peak of summer season at the time of Christmas. It is more about cool bear than mulled wine. Usually the Christmas day of New Zealanders begins as of the other Christians by attending the church service. The rest of the day is celebrated with formal lunches, picnics, parties at beech and many out door games. The customs of gift exchanging is also followed. Mostly people exchange their gifts with friends and family at the time of lunch. The day ends with another church service.
There are many places you can visit on Christmas to spend quality time with your loved ones family and make the special occasion of Christmas memorable and nostalgic. Here are some of the most serenely beautiful places of New Zealand where you can go to spend Christmas holidays.
- Lake Wanaka not far from Queenstown is a crystal clear lake. You can explore it by a jet boat. You can also try some exciting adventures like sky diving and cannoning. Here every traveler can easily find the resistance that suits him according to his affordability.
- Auckland is the place where you can enjoy having many entertaining and adventurous things in one spot. You can surf, swim, sail or shop in the same place. If you are short of time and cannot go t many places, choose Auckland, the one place that will give you all the exclusive pleasures of New Zealand.
- New Zealand is known for producing some of the land best wine in the whole world. The south island in the Marlborough region, you can find Sauvignon Blanc. With almost 40 cellar doors to visit and wine tours available , you can explore some top restaurant on the way also.
- Kaikoura bay is considered as the prettiest place in the world to visit. Here you can encounter dolphins, whales, seals and albatross. It is surrounded by mountains providing you the place for sun bathing.
- You can have pleasing experience by discovering your sense of adventure in the vineyards of New Zealand.