This article suggests the workable hair tips and suggestions for the natural African American hair. It will guide you how to take proper care of your hair to ensure healthy growth and strength of your hair. If you want to lush and thick hair retaining the natural curly texture, keep on reading this article to have informative ideas for your hair care.
- Curly hair is the driest type of hair. To add moisture co wash your hair that means washing it with conditioner instead of shampoo because shampoo is manufactured with the same drying ingredients that is used in detergents. If it is necessary to wash with shampoo, you should dilute it in water too break its concentration. Now a days, the conditioning shampoos for dry hair are also available I markets. You can try one of them that suit to the texture and type of your hair.
- Moisten your hair twice a week with a deep conditioner and some natural oils of which olive oil is best. Warm it and take massage on your scalp for 15-20 minutes and leave it for 2 hours. Rinse it off with cool water.
- Black hair has tiny nicks in the cuticle layer which maker it harder natural scalp sebum to distribute to the ends of the hairs. These nicks are the most important cause of breakage. So, it is necessary to handle them as gently as you can.
Use products that have maximum organic ingredients. Avoid the products that have mineral oil because ii has drying effects and prevents the moisture to penetrate in the scalp. You can go for natural oils tat is coconut oil and almond oil.
- The ends of the hair are the most oldest. Instead of following the myth to moisten the scalp, you also have to moisten your hair ends to prevent them from breaking.
- Avoid heat on your hair as much as you can. If you regularly use heat product to style your hair lessen it to only 1 time per week because heat is damaging for the natural African American hair. If the use is inevitable, don’t forget to use heat protection shampoo/moisturizer/serum/deep conditioning.
- Tie you hair in a silk or satin scarf before going to sleep otherwise sleep on a silk or satin pillow that will help your hair stay healthy and less breakable.
- Use a wide loath comb to comb your hair. Avoid hard and bristle brushes and thin combs which will break your hair and make it difficult to detangle.
- The myth that black hair cannot grow long has proved wrong. Your hair does not grow because the end got extremely dry and begin to break. If you moisten them properly and regularly, you will definitely increase in the length of your hair.