You can make a superb Christmas cake at home with easy method and enjoy its juicy and delicious taste in the special occasion of Christmas. Here are the ingredients and directions to make a Christmas cake.
- 250 g butter without salt
- Zest and juice of 1 orange and 1 lemon
- 250 g ground brown sugar
- 175 g all purpose flour
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 100 g crushed almonds
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp of baking powder 150 ml brewed tea
- 1 kg of mixed dry fruits of your choice
- Mix butter and sugar in a large pan on medium heat. Now add mixed dried fruits, brewed tea, zest and juice in it. Bring to the boil and then low down the heat and mix it for 5 minutes. Take a pan off the burner. Tip the mixture in a large bowl and let it cool on room temperature.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the first mixture and stir it well until it becomes dough without any pockets of flour.
- Heat the oven at 150 degree C.
- Prepare a baking tin for cake with double layer of baking parchment.
- Tip the dough into the prepared tin level the top and bake it in oven for 2 hrs.
- Remove the cake from the oven. Make holes in it with a folk and spoon over 2 tbsp of orange juice on it. Leave the cake to cool completely in the tin.
- Peel off the baking parchment and wrap the cake in cling film to store it. When you are going to serve it, remember to ice it.