Nail paints, if applied perfectly and carefully adds elegance, color and beauty to your hands. Matching or contrasting to your outfit, the nail paint enhances your overall look and reflects your personality. Now a day, you can have a range of colors and variety of variation in nail paints. You can experience with a lot of innovative paints and pattern on your nails. With all this excitement you should also keep in mind the fact that painting your own nails without making mess is a bit difficult and somewhat tricky.
Right here in this article, we will guide you the best way to polish nails beautifully at home. If you follow these steps, there is no need to go for a professional manicure again.
- Choose the nail paint of your choice or matching to your outfit. If you have small nail, try the light colors because dark colors like red, black and navy blue will make your nails look smaller. If you have long nails, you can experiment with any color of your choice. Dark colors will enhance the shape of long nails.
- Don’t use a thick nail polish because it is difficult to apply.
- Before sitting for the application of nail paint. Gather the necessary things such as cotton balls, nail remover, nail filer, bottle of nail polish, cuticle stick and etc. It will speed up and makes the take easy.
- Place your hand on a smooth, clean and stable surface. Put a tissue paper under your hand.
- Remove the old polish with the help of a cotton ball. Soak it with nail remover and swipe it on your nails to take off the old color. Even if there is no old polish to remove, swipe your nails with nail remover. It will take off the extra oil on your nail and the nail color will last for long time on it.
- Trim your long and uneven nails with a nail cutter. File the edges of nails with a small cutter. File the edges of nails and make the desired shape.
- Cuticles can make your paint application messy so push them back. Soak your nails in warm water for two minutes. It will make your cuticles stick.
- Apply a clear base coat on your nails before applying the chosen color. It will give a smooth base to stick the desired color and will help it to last longer.
- Rub your chosen nail polish bottle in your hands for at least 30 seconds. It will make it warm and easy to apply.
- Press your hand firmly against the surface and open your fingers wide.
- Open the bottle of colored nail polish. Remove the excess from the brush by swiping it from the inner rim of the bottle. Also make the smooth shape of brush for perfect application.
- Place a drop of nail paint on the central bottom of nail. Draw the brush upward and all the way to the tip of the nail. Take the brush to the right curve of the nail and draw it from the bottom to the tip. Repeat the same thing on the left side. While applying on the side. Do not touch the curved edges and leave a little gap. Also be careful about the amount of polish, you placed in the first drop. It should be enough for a thin layer gets completely dry. Apply another coat in the same manner, if needed
- Once your second coat of polish is dry, you can apply a clear top coat. It will prevent the nail from chipping and adds extra shine to your nail.