Diabetes has become a common disease among the people of India. It is the disease that provokes fear in one’s mind that is foodic because to remain healthy and active with this disease, you have to leave or limit all your favorite food. If you are diabetic, you are figure out a diet plan with the help of your consultant that is right for you. If you want to protect yourself from the problem and health issue that are the result of diabetes, you have to follow the diet plan properly and make and active routine which will definitely keep you healthy and happy. There is a variety of food produced in India which is good for health of diabetic patients. This article focuses on the recommendation of diet that is good for diabetic patients.
Indian Diet Plan for Diabetes Patients:
- The Diabetes diet for Indians should have the ratio of 60: 20: 20 for carbs, fats and proteins. The calorie count should be in between 1500 to 1800. A diabetic patient should take small portions of food after every two or three hours. It will help in controlling the blood sugar level.
- One tea spoon of meethi leaves soaked in one glass of water for a whole night is very good for controlling diabetes. Diabetic patients should drink it in the morning before taking breakfast.
- You can drink tomato juice flavored with pepper and salt in the morning with empty stomach.
- Take 7 almonds soaked in water overnight, in the morning.
- A boil of oatmeal is best breakfast for a diabetic patient. Take tea without sugar or a glass of skimmed milk with it. Monitor your blood sugar before and after breakfast.
- Milk is a proper combination of carbohydrates and proteins which help in controlling diabetes. Add at least two glasses of mils in your daily diet.
- You can take vegetable soup in lunch/dinner. If you like pasta or noodles add it in your soup. You can also make a dish of high fiber vegetable according to your taste and choice. High fiber vegetables include peas, beans, broccoli, spinach and leafy green vegetables. Cucumber sprouts and carrots should be used as salad. Vegetables rich in fiber help in lowering down the blood sugar level.
- Between lunch and dinner, you can eat your favorite high fiber fruit such as papaya, apple, orange, peer, and guava. India is rich in all these fruits.
- Fats like Omega 3 and MUFA should be added in diet. Canola oil, flax seed oil, fish and nuts are the sources of these fats.
- Whole grain, Chana atta, millets are good for a diabetic patient.
- For protein , eat cereals, black channa and beans which is good for health
You can eat any of the above mentioned food and prepare it with your favorite seasoning and make it tasty and appealing to eat.