When the hair cannot get the much needed nourishment, they get split ends. There are a lot of reasons behind it such as use of harsh chemicals, strong shampoos, sun exposure, dye, straightening, dyers, and damaging hair sprays etc. All these things cause damage too your hair and make them extremely dry. They also destroy the amino acids of your hair. The dry and damaged hair break easily in styling, washing and brushing. If your hair growth is very slow, the hidden reason may be split ends. Here are some of the home remedies to prevent split ends and make your hair grow healthy.
- Use the shampoo with natural ingredients. Avoid alcohol shampoos that dry your hair and cause split ends. Do not wash your hair daily because the shampoos act as detergents and these make your hair extremely dry. They take off the natural oils of your scalp. Wash your hair not more than thrice a week. Do not use hot water for washing which is also drying in nature.
- As the major cause of split ends is lack of moisture so you have to moisturize your hair properly. Use natural oils to massage your scalp gently in circular motion with your finger tips. You can use any of almonds, coconut and olive oil for massage or use a combination of all three. Heat the oil before application. Massage for at least 15 minutes and leave it for whole night and wash it in the morning. The conditioning will provide the required moisture to your hair and prevent split ends. Do not forget to apply a good quantity of oil on the tips or ends of your hair because they are the oldest part of your hair and need moisture the most.
- Make a hair mask by mixing 1 egg yolk, 2-3 tbsp of olive oil and 1 tbsp of honey. Massage this mask in your hair and cover them with the shower cap. Leave it for half hour then wash with mild shampoo.
- Fresh papaya is rich in proteins that enhance the hair growth and make them shiny and healthy. Take 1 big slice of papaya and blend it with a fork. Mix 2 to 3 tbsp of yoghurt in it to make a paste. Apply it on your scalp. Cover with shower cap to lock the moisture and nourishment in your scalp. Leave for half an hour and wash it. You can apply this paste twice a week.
- Take one big bowl of warm water and mix 2 tbsp of honey in it. Wash your hair with shampoo and then apply honey water. It will prove to be effective conditioner to damage hair. Again wash hair with plain water. You can also use lemon or apple cidar instead of honey.