Nail arts of various styles and patterns is “in” fashion these days but to get it done from a professional beautician in a beauty salon by paying heavy amount of money for it every time is not affordable. You may have seen many ladies with polka dot nail art on their nail but you do not know how you can do it on your nails by yourself.A complete tutorial that How to Do Polka Dot Nails with Bobby Pin OR Toothpick without a Dotting Tool. Yes, you can definitely do this trendy but simple nail art by yourself without any professional dotting tool. Though its look complicated yet it is really easy when you try to do it. It just needs practice and a little trick to do perfect polka dot nails art at home by using either bobby pins or toothpicks. The dotting tool is not essentially required for this. Here is a complete step by step tutorial of how you can have polka dots nail art with a toothpick or bobby pins.
- Base coat nail polish
- 2 to 3 contrasting nail paint colors
- Toothpick or bobby pins
- Nail remover
- Top coat nail polish
- Cotton balls
Procedure Step By Step to do Polka Dots on Nails:
- Place your hands on a smooth hard surface and open your fingers wide
- Remove any patches of the older nail polish, if any, with the help of nail remover and cotton buds.
- When your nails are properly cleaned, start applying an even thin base coat after 1 minute of using the nail removing. If you are not able to apply base coat neatly, do not worry because it will be covered by the nail color.
- Its good to have a transparent base coat but you can also directly apply the colored nail paint of your choice. For polka dots nail art, apply a darker tone or a brighter tone or nail paint on the base. The nail brush in the nail polish bottle is easy to use. Dab it in the nail polish bottle and check that there is not excessive quantity of nail paint on the brush. Apply it carefully all over your nails. Place cotton buds between your fingers so that they will be separated and do not touch each other to spoil your wet nail color.
- Let your nail paint dry properly which will take 1 to 2 minutes. If needed, apply another coat and give it another 2 minutes to dry properly.
- Place a few dots of contrasting nail polish on a piece of paper for dots. White color polish is preferred for dots because it looks good with any shade of bright nail color underneath.
- Take a small amount of nail polish that you have place on paper with the help of a bobby pin or toothpick.
- Now, make two to three dots vertically in the centre of each nail. The spacing between the dots hear will decide how denser the nail art will be
- Place dots on the sides in such a way that they make a triangle with the vertical line in the centre and let them dry fully.
- The last step is to apply the top coat to secure your nail art for long time
See, it’s not that difficult to have polka dot nail art.