Shin Splints Symptoms, Causes, Home Remedies Treatment, Exercise are discussed here. You may have experienced a severe pain starting from your ankle and leading upward to the knee cap while running on track or exercising some yoga or aerobic steps. Those who already have undergone this shooting pain, may remember, when they touch the paining area on either side of skin bone, it feels like sore and tender. It is known as skin splints. You do not need to worry about it because it is not at all an indication of a serious problem. It is just an inflammation of muscles in the front of lower leg that is a result of constant trauma or irritation. It can be prevented or treated with the home remedies given below but in case, it persists even after trying these remedies and continues with its severity, you need to visit a doctor. It may be a stress fracture or a crack in bone that can not be cured without proper medical treatment and can become serious, if you do not consult doctor.
Shin Splints Symptoms, Causes, Home Remedies Treatment, Exercise:
- If you have a shin splint , the first thing is to stay away from sport or heavy exercise for sometime because it will make it worst. If inevitable, do at the very least.
- Ice the shin area. Icing is the handy method to reduce inflammation of any sport injury or shin splint. Fill a paper cup with water and place it in refrigerator. When it becomes a solid ice, peel the lip of paper cup to expose some ice and rub it on your shin for 10 minutes. Do it for 3 to 4 time a day until two weeks. It will lessen the inflammation of the muscle and provide you much relief from the pain.
- Compress the lower leg with neoprene sleeve the fits the well. It will reduce the pain by compressing the muscle and restricting the movement. It also reduces the inflammation. But you do not have to immobilize your leg. By gentle movement the nourishing blood will reach to the damaged tissue and restricts the excess fluid from inflammation.
- Shin splint often arises as a result of excessive pounding that occurs during jogging and other weight bearing activities. So if you place a padded insole in your shoes, it will surely provide you relief. It softens the hard blow on your foot hand.
- Warm up your body before exercise, it will provide the blood circulations in better way to the muscle thus warmed muscles are less prone to injury than the cold muscles.
- Do not work out on cements and avoid climbing up on hills.