At home procedure perfectly manicured hands have some sort of elegance and sophistication about the but for the professional manicure sets, you have to spend a lot every month. It also need some spare appointed time for professional manicure that is quite difficult to take out in your busy every day routine.
It’s noting to worry about because you get perfectly manicured nails with spending money and without having a right to salon every month. Yes, you can do it perfectly at home. Follow these step s to get salon quality beautifully manicured hands at home for a very small fraction of money.
Gather these tools and products before beginning the procedure.
- Nail polish remover
- Cotton balls and pads
- Nail cutter
- Nail buffer
- Nail clippers
- Emery Board
- Cuticle pushers
- Hand moisturizer
- Base coat
- Nail polish (colored)
- Top coat
Here is the easy step by step procedure of manicure at home.
- Remove the previous nail polish with an acetone based nail remover. Through it harsh than the non acetone remover yet it works fastly. No matter what type of nail remover you are using it will have a drying effect on your nail and cuticles.
- Use a cotton or pads for removing the old nail color. Dip it in remover and rub it on your nails. If the nail polish is glittery and gel based, it may take time to get properly remover. You can soak your nails in the remover for 1 to 2 minutes to remove such type of nail polish.
- If necessary, clips the nails and shape them according to your demand. Round and square shapes are usually preferred. Don’t use the coarse nail files to prevent them from splintering. Use emery board to file the nails. Smooth the edges properly.
- Soak your hands in warm water. Add some amount of hand and face cleanser in it. Let it be for 5 to 10 minutes.
- After soaking dry your hands thoroughly, now gently push the cuticles back with the cuticle pushing tools and trim the free edge with the metal nipper when needed.
- Massage your hands gently with a hand moisturizer or some silky oil. Also massage on nail and in the cuticles to replenish the skin and make it hydrated.
- Now prepare your nails for nail polish. Soak a cotton ball in nail remover and rub it on your nails to remove any resides of moisturizer because it will not let the nail polish to stay.
- Apply the bas coat it will prevent clipping or staining.
- Let the base coat dry. Than apply the colored nail polish. You may need 2 coat of colored nail polish.
- Apply the clear top coat to add shine to your nails.
- Reapply the moisturizer and massage for few minutes.
- Apply sunscreen, if you are going out.