Usually, January is the coldest month for the New York City. The average temperature during this month is starting off approximately 1.5 ?C and reaches the maximum at 5?C and in evening gets up to -2 ?C. Layering is the best option when you go outside in this month. People of this city wrap themselves by wearing warm thick coats and jackets, hats, scarves and gloves. In addition light jackets, fedoras, beanies, wool scarves and cowls, mummy puff coats, socks, and clogs keep you away from the windy air in January. So whenever you want to visit New York City make sure you have pack all the right accessories and clothing that keep you warm in this cold weather.
In this article some useful tips have been shared that might help you in New York City during the January 2018:
- Shoes should be warm during winters and prefer to have waterproof boots or shoes that are comfortable and good to walk with them. Make sure your shoes have an ability to grip excellently so prevent you from sliding or slipping all over the New York City.
What Clothes to Wear in New York in January 2018 during Winter;
- Thick warm socks that are made up of wool works well during this season to keep your feet warm and chose those pair of socks that are capable to protect your precious little tootsies warm.
- Don’t forget to wear gloves on hands as people have to handle items.
- The warm padded hat is the best option to maintain your body temperature prefers to choose that one that helps to cover your ears properly as most of the wind goes inside from the ears which make you feel cold and it becomes not good for your health. Earmuffs are the best alternative to hats.
- People of New York should wear at least one warm thick, squishy, puffy coat or jacket. Make should the front buttons or zip should be closed so that the wind doesn’t find a way to enter. The hoodie is the best as it helps to cover your front and head during this season.
- Soft scarf way is good to cover the gap between your neck and coat.
- Pants or a thick pair of trousers is the best to maintain your body temperature.
- Layering is another best way to keep the air away from yourself, layer yourself by wearing light sweaters and Shirts that fit on you and make you feel comfortable.
- Thermal inners or undergarments and long Johns are appropriate for New York, especially in winters. Take care during this season because this month requires extra attention. So take yourself with enjoying this cool season.